CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 9, 2010

REVIEW: Living Dead Girl




Holy cow... I finished this book in honestly 2 hours.. "Living Dead Girl" by Elizabeth Scott is a heart throbbing novel about a young girl who is living her younger years like any other girl. She get abducted by a horrid man named Ray who brainwashes her and mentally, physically, and sexually abuses her. The way Scott writes makes you feel as if you are actually the young girl named Alice when she hurts.. you hurt.. If you are the kind of reader that likes these books this one is for you!! Alice compares herself to the crazy women on early morning TV shows that speak out about being treated the same way as Alice has but just couldn't get away.
What makes this book so amazing is the role of power. Throughout it Alice is convinced that Ray has all the power... when in reality she is the powerful one.




Its a great book.. very inspiring and makes you not want to be the people that just look the other way.

5 comments:

Sara said...

Aww I really loved this book, but boy was it hard to read! I read it in one sitting too, even though at times I had to put it down because I couldn't handle it. Wonderful review! :)

Jamie said...

Never heard of this one! I read a book that seems similar to this called Gemma by Meg Tilly. It was so heart wrenching to know that things like this really go on!

Found you on Book Blogs!

Jamie

www.perpetualpageturner.blogspot.com (personal one)
www.brokeandbookish.blogspot.com (a collaboration with some college folk)

Unknown said...

I have been wanting to read this book for so very long. Unfortunately I get all of my books through trades of swaptree.com and I haven't been able to trade with anyone for this book. I love books like this. The powerful difficult ones that really make you t hink and they stay with you and you are thinking and worrying about the main character when you are forced to put the book down.
A novel I always think of when I read the reviewers of this one is Such a Pretty Girl by Laura Weiss. That book is great. I highly recommend it.

PS found you through Book Blogs.
(And I am following you now)
PSS I just realized how incredibly stalkerish is sounds when you tell someone you are following them. haha.
-Joni
http://lostinyawonderland.blogspot.com/

landers said...

Although.. it does sound stalkerish its not!! I'm glad ya'll found me!! HOORAYYY!! I've never heard of swaptree but that sound like a brillant idea. Do you have to pay for shipping? or is it just in certain areas?

Unknown said...

You do have to pay shipping but its only like 2.38 for most books. I believe its only in the united states. I live in PA and I have gotten books from Washington state before so its country wide. Also, you can trade movies, cds, and video games as well.

Post a Comment