CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Because I Am Furniture


Author: Thalia Chaltas
Title: Because I Am Furniture
GoodReads.com Review: Anke’s father is abusive. But not to her. He attacks her brother and sister, but she’s just an invisible witness in a house of horrors, on the brink of disappearing altogether. Until she makes the volleyball team at school. At first just being exhausted after practice feels good, but as Anke becomes part of the team, her confidence builds. When she learns to yell “Mine!” to call a ball, she finds a voice she didn’t know existed. For the first time, Anke is seen and heard. Soon, she’s imagining a day that her voice will be loud enough to rescue everyone at home—including herself.
This book is such a good and easy read, I honestly finished it within two hours... althought I started reading at 3 in the morning.. thats quite alright! I personally just love reading books where the characters find there personal inner strength especially in situations such as this one. Who would of thought that a sport could bring that out in someone. This book worked because not only was the character finding strength in herself but she was also growing as a woman which in times like these where "family time" is somewhat scarce is very inspiring.
I also love the author because she dedicates this book " To my mother, my brother, and sister. I write now what i could not do then." If anyone has a couple hours to spare.. you need to read this book!!
I also need some more books to read... any ideas??

1 comments:

Sara said...

I love one sitting books! This sounds really good, I'll definitely have to check it out. Thanks for the awesome review :)

Post a Comment